Effective 1 April 2019
Through the Innova software product, InnovaReviews Pty Ltd (ABN 86 622 058 708) (“InnovaReviews”) provides website operators and other individuals with a variety of tools and resources (including our website) to enable them to collect visitor reviews and to receive, moderate and publish reviews on their website (the “Services”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before proceeding with any use of our website or the Services. By checking the “I accept these terms and conditions” box on the Free Trial page or by proceeding with a free trial, or by logging in for the first time, you accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please exit this website and cease using the Services immediately.
Services and Support
- By posting updated versions of the Agreement on the InnovaReviews website, or otherwise providing notice to you, InnovaReviews may modify the terms of this Agreement and may discontinue or revise any or all other aspects of the Services at its sole discretion. All such changes shall become effective upon posting of the revised Agreement on the InnovaReviews website. Your continued use of the Services will constitute your acceptance of the variation to the Agreement. InnovaReviews will use reasonable efforts to make you aware of any changes to the terms of this Agreement. If you elect to discontinue using the Services due to any changes to the Agreement made under this section 1, you will be entitled to a refund for any unused, prepaid amounts for the Services.
- The Services are available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Services are not available to individuals under the age of 18. If you do not qualify, your use of the Services is expressly prohibited.
- The Services enable corporate, small business and community websites to sign up website visitors, collect and retrieve visitor sign-up data, and to receive, moderate and publish reviews on their website.
- All fees paid to InnovaReviews for the Services are non-refundable, unless an account is terminated by you under clause 1.1 or by InnovaReviews. Payment for Services must be made by a valid credit card accepted by InnovaReviews, unless other payment arrangements have been made between you and an authorized InnovaReviews representative. You hereby authorize InnovaReviews to charge your credit card on a recurring monthly basis. Fees are payable in AU dollars if you are in Australia, or US Dollars outside of Australia. If InnovaReviews is for any reason unable to effect automatic payment via your credit card, you will be notified via email. All prices are subject to change and you are responsible for reviewing the Pricing Schedule from time to time and for remaining aware of the fees charged by InnovaReviews for the Services.
- For all accounts, InnovaReviews may charge an account re-activation fee should an account need to be re-activated by a customer after an account has become de-activated due to non-payment, an untimely authorization for payment, or any other breach of this Agreement.
- You must complete the registration form on the signup page in order to use the Services. You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested in the registration form. As part of the registration process, you will identify an email address, username and password for your InnovaReviews account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, username, passwords, and files and for all uses of your account and of the Services in your name. InnovaReviews reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel accounts it deems inappropriate.
- It is understood that InnovaReviews makes no guarantee that reviews will be rendered properly on all recipients’ browsers, due to the wide variety of browser tools available. InnovaReviews makes every reasonable attempt to make sure that all reviews follow standards, but we cannot guarantee that reviews will look consistent across all platforms due to the number of different browser tools available.
Restrictions and Responsibilities
- This is an Agreement for the Services, and you are not granted a licence to any software under this Agreement (except to the extent required for you to use the Services). Except to the extent that applicable laws prevent InnovaReviews from doing so, you will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of, or found at or through the Services or any software, documentation, or data related to the Services (“Software”); remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Services or any Software; reproduce or copy the Software or the Services or any part thereof; modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software; or copy, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Services or any Software. The Services shall be used for your internal business (which includes civic or charitable) purposes only and you shall not use the Services or any Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third party. If you are using the Services in any country in the European Community or Australia, the prohibition against modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or creating derivative works based on the Services or the Software does not affect your rights under any legislation implementing the E.C. Council Directive on the Legal Protection of Computer Programs or the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services, the Software, the InnovaReviews company names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans, and all other material comprising the Software or the Services, are the property of InnovaReviews or its affiliates or suppliers (collectively, the “Marks”). Unless stated otherwise, all Marks are protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/ or other intellectual properties are owned by InnovaReviews or by other parties that have licensed their material to InnovaReviews. You are not authorized to use any of the Marks in any advertising, publicity or any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of InnovaReviews. Your use of the Services confers no title or ownership in the Services, the Software or the Marks and is not a sale of any rights in the Services, the Software or the Marks. All ownership rights remain in InnovaReviews or its third party suppliers, as the case may be.
- You represent, covenant, and warrant that you will use the Services only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable laws (including but not limited to policies and laws related to spamming, privacy, obscenity, or defamation). You agree that you will not access or otherwise use third party mailing lists in connection with preparing or distributing unsolicited email to any third party. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless InnovaReviews against any damages, losses, liabilities, settlements, and expenses (including without limitation costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim or action that arises from an alleged violation of the foregoing or otherwise arising from or relating to your use of the Services. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of any emails or messages sent using the Services. Although InnovaReviews has no obligation to monitor the content provided by you or your use of the Services, InnovaReviews may do so and may remove any such content or prohibit any use of the Services it believes may be (or is alleged to be) in violation of the foregoing.
- The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission or solicitation of any material that violates Australian or other laws that may apply in your local area is prohibited. This may include material that is obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, or in any way a violation of intellectual property laws or a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- In using the varied features of the Services, you may provide information (such as name, contact information, or other registration information) to InnovaReviews. InnovaReviews may use this information and any technical information about your use of the Services to tailor its presentations to you, facilitate your movement through the Services, or to communicate separately with you.
- InnovaReviews will not use any of your subscriber lists or any other customer information for any other purposes than those related to the Services. In addition, InnovaReviews will not use your customer information for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial email.
- You must not use the Services to distribute illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, multi-level marketing campaigns, or any other prohibited material.
- All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- The Services may contain materials produced by third parties or links to other websites. Such materials and websites are provided by third parties and are not under InnovaReviews’s direct control and InnovaReviews accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any such third party materials or for the operation or content of other websites (whether or not linked to the Services). You acknowledge that InnovaReviews is entitled to require you to remove any link from another website to the Services which you install without obtaining InnovaReviews’s prior written consent.
- You agree that any Content published within the InnovaReviews products is your own property and you are solely responsible for obtaining permission to use Content acquired from 3rd party sources. InnovaReviews does not hold any responsibility over the content you publish.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by contacting us. Correspondence must include your first name, last name, and your InnovaReviews username. No refunds will be issued if you terminate this Agreement unless your account is in credit and you terminating in accordance with clause 1.1.
- InnovaReviews may terminate this Agreement or the Services at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice. InnovaReviews shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such termination. If InnovaReviews terminates this Agreement because you breached this Agreement or any applicable laws, no refund will be issued even if you have unused, prepaid amounts for Services under this Agreement.
- InnovaReviews may delete any of your archived data within 14 days after the date of termination. Any statutory retention requirements with respect to your business correspondence remain your responsibility. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership, warranties, disclaimers and limitations of liability.
- If you do not log into your account for more than 700 days, the account will become inactive. When an account is classified (at InnovaReviews’ sole discretion) as inactive, InnovaReviews will flag that account as inactive. Inactive accounts have 14 days to become active or the account and its data, including subscriber signups, may be permanently removed from InnovaReviews’ database.
Warranties, Disclaimer and Remedies
- Use of the services and any reliance by you upon the services, including any action taken by you because of such use or reliance, is at your sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, InnovaReviews does not warrant that the services will be uninterrupted, accurate or error free; nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the services. The services are provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by law InnovaReviews disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
- Your sole and exclusive remedy for any failure or nonperformance of the Services shall be for InnovaReviews to use commercially reasonable efforts to adjust or repair the Services, or where such adjustment or repair is not feasible, for InnovaReviews to either (at its discretion) perform the Services again or provide you with a refund for the amount you actually paid to InnovaReviews for the relevant Services.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall InnovaReviews or any of its underlying service providers, business partners, information providers, account providers, licensors, employees, distributors or agents (collectively referred to for purposes of this section as “InnovaReviews”) be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage (including but not limited to direct, indirect, exemplary, special, incidental, cover, reliance or consequential damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data, or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities), or for any claim by any other party.
- InnovaReviews’ exclusion of liability applies whether the claim is in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if innovareviews has been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- You agree that InnovaReviews’ liability to you at law will be reduced by the extent, if any, to which you contributed to the loss.
- In the event that, notwithstanding the foregoing, InnovaReviews is found liable to you for damages from any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise), to the fullest extent permitted by law the liability of InnovaReviews to you will be limited to:
- (a) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- (b) in the case of services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again or refund of fees actually paid for the services.
Export of Services or Technical Data
- You may not remove or export from Australia or allow the export or re-export of the Services, or any direct product thereof, including technical data, in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of Australia and all other applicable countries.
- If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- InnovaReviews and you agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of the Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No delay or omission by either party in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement or existing at law or equity shall be considered a waiver of such right or remedy.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Agreement, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind InnovaReviews in any respect whatsoever.
- In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys’ fees.
- The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of NSW Australia without regard to its choice or law or conflict of laws provisions. All legal actions in connection with the Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (known as the Vienna Sales Convention 1980) is excluded from this Agreement.
- It is understood that in order to use the Services, a modern browser such as Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 20, Safari 5 or Google Chrome 30 is required. Additionally, a stable connection to the Internet is required. The Services may work in a limited manner on other web browsers (such as earlier versions of the previously mentioned browsers), but the Services were not designed for use on web browsers other than those recommended above.
Compliance rules for sending email (and your spam indemnity)
- All InnovaReviews customers must follow the rules of the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (and equivalent anti-spam legislation in all applicable countries). We require the following (among other things) of all email messages sent through the Services:
- All emails must contain a InnovaReviews “unsubscribe” link that allows subscribers to instantly remove themselves from your mailing list. Each such link must remain operational for a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you send the message, and must be in form and substance satisfactory to InnovaReviews. You acknowledge and agree that you will not remove, disable or attempt to remove or disable either link. InnovaReviews scans every campaign for the existence of an unsubscribe link. If an unsubscribe link is not detected, you will be informed and required to include a InnovaReviews unsubscribe link before continuing.
- All emails must contain non-Internet contact information of the sender or the entity on whose behalf the email was sent, such as that entity’s address or phone number.
- All emails must state the reason the recipient is receiving the message. For example, “You are receiving this message from ABC Company because you signed up for our email list at www.abc.com.”
- All emails must be compliant with any disclosure requirements that apply to the sender (e.g., some countries’ laws require that business letters, including emails, contain further identification details as to the form of the organization, the place of incorporation, the names of executives etc.)
Compliance rules for sending email (and your spam indemnity) Use of the Services
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of our website or the Services. You will not hack into the website, InnovaReviews’s computer systems or the computer systems of other users of the Services. Hacking means unauthorised access, malicious damage and/or interference and includes, without limitation, mail bombing, propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious programs, deliberate attempts to overload a computer system, broadcast attacks or any other method designed to damage or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
Website and Services availability
- From time to time down-time, either scheduled or unscheduled, may occur. InnovaReviews will work within reason to ensure this amount of down-time is limited. InnovaReviews will not be held liable for the consequences of any down-time.
- InnovaReviews cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via the Services is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files associated with the Services, and you release InnovaReviews entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
- InnovaReviews will not be liable by reason of the failure in the performance of obligations under this Agreement by reason of strikes, riots, fire, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental action, or any other cause which is beyond InnovaReviews’s reasonable control.
- The Services may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. InnovaReviews makes no representations that the Services comply with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Services from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.